Pink Rose Flower ¡Pura Vida!: Brightness of the Laser

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Brightness of the Laser


     After watching the video Focusing The Laser that was made by Chabot students, I am very proud that I have came to Chabot to study. We have very responsible instructors, friendly staff and a strong student body, we cares about our school, our community and our world. We learned to care, to speak out and fight for our passions. We may come to Chabot for many different reasons, just like the six categories that the video has described: the visitors, the wanderers, the explorers, the seekers, the dreamers and the lasers. I categorize myself as a laser, because I  have a good idea about what I want to do, I have quite a good sense of the culture of the college, and a lot of momentum on my particular pathway.

            I came alone to the U.S when I was 15 years old, I went to high school for 2 years then I took my GED. I got my high school diploma right after I finished my Sophomore year in High school. Many of my high school friends didn't support my move to leave school early, but I just couldn’t wait to accomplish my adulthood by going to college. I am majoring in Business, I really like it and I think my major is interesting and very useful. I wish I could transfer out as soon as possible, so I had a meeting with my counselor and made an education plan when school started. I took all my major classes in the first years, and worked as hard as I could to get good grades on each subject. I think it's very important to know what your goal is, so you won't waste your time in school.  I always keep my eyes on Assist.org to make sure I was on the right track, keeping in touch with the friends who have transferred to UC with Business major and following my education plan to register for new classes. 
           I will be really busy next semester because I need start applying to the school to transfer out, and boost up my GPA, schedule an appointment with my counselor and make sure I have all my required  classes done with good enough grade to transfer out to my dream university.


No comments:

Post a Comment