Pink Rose Flower ¡Pura Vida!: Passion and I

Monday, July 22, 2013

Passion and I

The Passion Project from Sean McFarland on Vimeo.




The Passion Project
   The movie The Passion Project is made by our Chabot students, it was very impressive and motivated. And I can really relate to the movie; I can feel and understand the characters’ emotions and words. For me, passion is something that instills you with energy and excitement to do something everyday; it’s like the fuel to keep you moving forward and to achieve your dream. So, Passion is an essential condition for success.

First time, Passion
 Nobody has ever asked me what my passion is until I came to Chabot. My first time talk about passion was in my communication study class last fall semester. I wasn't sure what it was, and asked myself, “do I have one?” Then, I asked my classmates, what is passion, many of them said:" I don't know, just something you want to do and makes you happy." Therefore, I went up to the class, and I told them my passion is to eat KFC and McDonald on my bed everyday and watch my favorite movie without gaining weights. I think everybody should have their passions, it can be something small or meaningless to many people. Just like Ray said in the movie: “In life we are all on a journey but sometimes we lose track of the journey because when you get sucked into the world life, when you get sucked in you know, when you lose your passion that’s when your journey kind of ends”. I completely agree with this, passion is like a compass when we are getting lost in our society.

Passion and I
       I feellucky that my family is very supporting of me to do what I like, unlike others, who have a hard time getting family support. Even though I have the freedom to plan my own life and find my own passion, I still have hard time to finding it. I was so confused for a long time; until I came back from Costa Rica two days before summer semester started. I worked in the international volunteer program, and helped the children in local Orphanage for a week. That is an incredible experience in my life, and I really want to do it again. Before the program started, I was concerned about what I could do for the kids. I don't sing well, I don't know how to draw and I don't even speak Spanish. I feel like I wasn't ready at all, but, by the time I started, I realized that Happy and Love don't need words; it's all about action. We eliminated the language barrier by using our body language, we played, we drew, we sang, we all had fun together.  When I saw the kids with big smiles on their face, I think I found my passion. I felt so happy with my passion, and it seemed like I found the compass for my life.
Pursuit of Passion
         The way to find your passion may be really difficult. But like Tiffany said in the movie: “I honestly do believe that like knowing who you are like your truer self does have a lot to do with your passion”. As soon as you make up your mind, bear the hardship and are willing to step out and take the risk, you will find your passion for sure. Last but not least, never give up. Never give up finding your passion, keeping your passion and following your passion. Your passion is your fuel, your compass and your essential condition for success.


(The picture of our international volunteers in Costa Rica)

1 comment:

  1. I understand, sometimes is difficult to find something that makes you truly happy. I think after exploring different kinds of things you can eventually figure out what your passion is. I think it was awesome that you volunteered in an orphanage and that you found your passion.

    ReplyDelete